The Canal District - Custom Homes in Fort DuPont
The Canal District at Fort DuPont is part of a master planned community that offers walking trails, water views, a dog park, boat access, a marina plus so much more!
You won’t have to drive to your marina any longer! Just a short walk and you can jump in your boat or head to nearby Clinton Street restaurants and shops.
Luxury homes built with the finest finishes and open concept layouts.
Walk to the Delaware River waterfront and enjoy the breathtaking views. The community is part of a pristine natural setting with trails, bike paths and state park access. Walk to the Delaware River waterfront and enjoy the breathtaking views.
Enjoy relaxing outdoors on your screened-in deck from the Newbold townhome floor plan.
Our interior designer will help bring your dream home to life!
Personalize your home with custom options.
True owner’s bathroom retreat with double vanity.
A spacious walk-in closet means you won’t have to compromise.
Make an impression with a stunning foyer and entryway
Secondary bedrooms with endless possibilities.
Work from home in your new office.
Cozy up to an optional fireplace with built-ins. Attention to detail in every home.
One of a kind street scapes with beautiful architectural characteristics on every home.
A carriage-style townhome on the water with a two-story deck option that will have an incredible view.
Beautiful water views and access to an on-site public boat launch!
The only custom home community on the water in Northern Delaware from the upper $300s.
The Canal District at Fort DuPont is a place to call home for people looking to connect with nature, history and a waterfront lifestyle. The community is designed to meet your needs with custom carriage-style townhomes and single-family detached homes. Choose from a variety of floor plans ranging from 1,835 to 3,200+ square feet.
In addition to new construction homes, Fort DuPont, a master-planned redevelopment is now being revitalized as a live, work, play lifestyle community that builds on its historical roots, designed around the water and great outdoors. A place where bicycling, boating, walking, hiking and birding is the norm and not the exception. Enjoy a quiet, peaceful setting with nature at every turn. Across the canal, you’ll find quaint shops and restaurants on Clinton Street.
Delaware is a sought-after destination known for low taxes and pristine beaches. The Canal District by Rockwell Custom is central to downtown Wilmington, Christiana shopping and dining and the southern shores.
This gorgeous community offers waterside living, recreational amenities, and easy access to Newark, Dover, Middletown, Philadelphia and South Jersey.
Click here and schedule your visit today.
- Delaware City, New Castle County
- Townhomes & Singles with 2-car Garage
- First Floor Owner’s Suite Options
- Last Chance! Only a few homesites remain.
- Boat Launch Access
- NEXClean Partner
Canal District Singles
- The Manchester (1st Floor Owner) - 1,835+ sq. ft.
- The Edgewood - 2,250+ sq. ft.
- The Oakmont - 2,590+ sq. ft.
- The Elmsgate - 3,165+ sq. ft.
- The Brookvale (1st Floor Owner) - 2,500+ sq. ft.
Carriage Homes on the Water
- The Newbold Interior Home - 2,397+ sq. ft.
- The Newbold Interior Home with Elevator - 2,397+ sq. ft.
The Newbold End Home - 2,397+ sq. ft.
- The Newbold End Home with First Floor Owner’s Suite - 2,397+ sq. ft.
- Email FortDupont@RockwellCustom.com or call 302-898-2010
- GPS location: 205 New Castle Avenue. Delaware City, DE 19706 and follow The Canal District Signs to the Sales Center. From Route 9, turn into Fort DuPont on New Castle Avenue. Head straight and make a left on Crawford Street. Sales Center all the way down on the right at 2009 Draper Street.
- Sales Center Hours: Open daily 12-5pm. Closed Mondays
Homes are going quickly! Please complete the form below for pricing, homesite availability or to schedule a visit. To schedule a same-day visit, or within the next 24 hours, please provide a phone number and we’ll contact you right away!