9 Features Homebuyers Want In A New Home
Roughly 32% of people looking to buy new homes are doing so for the very first time. But just because they are first time homebuyers doesn’t mean they don’t know what they want in a real estate deal. These buyers are extremely well-educated, opinionated, and sure of exactly what they want.
From luxury homes with cell phone charging stations to pet-friendly showers, here are some of the most important features homebuyers are looking for in a new property.
- Open floor plans — Buyers want much more space than homeowners in the past enjoyed. These open floor plans can make a small house feel much bigger.
- Not having to do too much — Of all the recent buyers who purchased homes, roughly 34% of them were looking to avoid having to do any renovation projects.
- Water-conserving fixtures — In addition to environmentally friendly features, homebuyers are much more conscious about the amount of water they are wasting.
- Garage with more storage space — Though buyers aren’t as concerned with large homes, they’d still prefer it if the garages were bigger. Buyers are looking for two- to three-car garages with plenty of storage space.
- Pet accommodations — Pets can always enjoy running around the real estate, but don’t always get to live like kings and queens inside the home — until now. Homebuyers are searching for built-in pet bowls, integrated gates and crates, and other pet-friendly features.
- Finished basements — No one wants a dark and musty basement. Buyers are looking for homes that have great looking basements for the entire family to enjoy.
- Larger custom showers — Buyers are choosing roomy showers as opposed to whirlpool tubs. Open, walk-in shower entries are becoming much more popular across the United States.
- Stainless steel appliances — To achieve a sleek and modern look, buyers are hoping to have their homes stocked with sleek stainless steel appliances.
- Charging stations — Charging stations are becoming much more popular as well. Families of the 1950s didn’t have to worry about these too much, but a 2017 family certainly does.
If you want to find out more about any important factors that homebuyers are searching for in 2017, browse new houses, or check out amazing luxury real estate, contact West End Walk today.